Moorak Primary School Governing Council endorses the dress code policy for the for the following reasons. Application to enrol at Moorak Primary School is taken as taken as acceptance to wear appropriate dress code.
- Signifies that we are part of the Moorak school community
- Uniquely identifies our school
- Reduces peer group pressure and competition regarding brand names and expensive clothing
- Clothes are readily available at retail places, colours are popular and serviceable
- No arguments /debates during morning routine
- Good clothes are kept in good condition for out of school and special occasions
Essentially our dress code consists of navy (jumpers, trousers etc) and blue (polo tops, stripes etc) supplied from Hyland Fox orders can be made from the school in the second and second to last week of every term
Dress code components
- Blue and white checked dress (girls)
- Navy pants, shorts, skirts or skorts (including mid to dark blue denim – with minimal or no decoration and navy tracksuit pants)
- Navy blue polo top / skivvy
- Navy windcheater plain / with pale blue stripes
It is school policy that school broad brimmed hats must be worn. Hats are available for purchase from the front office.
Scarves and beanies should also be in navy and / or pale blue colourings.